Happy Mother’s Day 2021 to all the Mothers. On May 09, 2021, INTERNATIONAL MOTHER’S DAY is celebrated across the globe. Mother’s Day is celebrated to honor every mother on this planet and their love for their kids and for her family. In 2021, International Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May that is on 9th May.
“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” -Abraham Lincoln
Mothers are the reason why we all exist. It is her who is working every single day for her family. She sacrifices many things in her life just to see us happy and healthy. For a mother, her first priority is always her kids and family. This day is celebrated not just in one country but in the entire world.
On this day people usually through parties and buy gifts for their Mother. The importance of this day is to celebrate the loving, caring gesture of our mothers as she is our backbone. Not only she carries us for Nine months but she is always there whenever we need her. People always say this line “Behind every successful man, there is a woman and that woman is our Mother”. So make sure you show your love and care for your mother at least today and Happy Mother’s Day 2021.
Although there is no fixed date for International Mother’s Day 2021, it is celebrated every year on the second Sunday of the month of May. With the raging Pandemic, we are all in our homes with our family or some of us are alone. But we all owe our lives to our mothers. She might not expect much from us for her, but today is the day when we all must show little appreciation and our love for our Mothers.
Why we celebrate Mother’s Day: Happy MOTHER’S DAY 2021
First Mother’s day celebrations : Happy Mother’s Day 2021
In ancient times, Greeks and Roman people use to worship Goddess Rhea and Cybelle on this day.
Another popular belief is that in modern time this day is first celebrated in United States in 1908. When a woman named Anna Jarvis desired to celebrate a special day for mothers.
After her mother’s death, she held a memorial at St. Andrew’s Methodist Church on West Virginia in 1908 after three years. But she didn’t attend the memorial herself and sent telegram to everyone who had attended her mother’s funeral along with five hundred white carnations.
After the world comes to know how Anna Jarvis commemorated her mother’s funeral, every country started celebrating Mother’s Day as a gesture of Love and honor to every mother in the world. In 1914, Mother’s Day began to be observed officially after former American president Woodrow Wilson signed a proclamation declaring the second Sunday in May as a national holiday.
Here are some Quotes on Happy Mother’s Day 2021
- “We are born of love, Love is our Mother”.
- “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.”
- “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother”.
- “An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.“
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.“
- “Blessed is a mother that would give up part of her soul for her children’s happiness.“
- “They are not kidding when they say that mothers are strong women. We need to be strong in more ways than our children will ever know.“
- “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.“
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.“
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.“